A Special Supplement for the Journal of Translational Medicine is being achieved. It includes a selection of the most relevant outcomes from the project and some related external research contributions from the scientific community:
BLOCK A: PRESENTATION AND OVERVIEW OF THE PROJECT
1. Prologue from the EC Project Officer
2. Synergy-COPD: a multidisciplinary approach for understanding and managing a chronic non-communicable disease.
BLOCK B: ADDRESSING HETEROGENEITY IN CHRONIC DISEASES
3. Disease Heterogeneities in COPD: variable identification for patient stratification.
4. Systems Medicine: modeling frameworks and their interactions in COPD.
5. Lung modeling and its use in disease research.
BLOCK C: TOOLS AND RESOURCES
6. The Synergy-COPD Knowledge Base: a data exploitation approach.
7. Simulation Environment and Graphical Visual Application: a COPD use-case.
8. Knowledge sharing in the health scenario
BLOCK D: TRANSLATION TO THE CLINICAL FIELD
9. The Digital Health Framework
10. Clinical Decision Support Systems (CDSS) for preventive management of COPD patients.
11. Workforce preparation: The BioHealth Computing Model for master and PhD students.
12. Predictive Medicine: Challenges and Opportunities